Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bittersweet but mostly Bitter.

I was released from being the Relief Society President on Sunday. When I was called 17 months ago... I was VERY overwhelmed. My ONLY previous experience in RS was on a committee for a few short months. So how was I supposed to know the ins and outs of the RS? Well, the Lord definitely qualifies those who He calls! He helped me figure it out. It was bittersweet to see it end (mostly bitter, surprisingly). I really enjoyed my calling. I am sure that there are great things in store for my next calling. I am hoping to be called as "security" for our MENrichment activities. (These are enrichment activities put on by the Elders Quorum). :)
On a lighter, much lighter, note.... I was offered DEER liver this morning by one of my students. Which is disgusting ANYWAY. Who eats deer liver?! It was more disgusting because it was offered at 8 am. Who eats deer liver for breakfast?! AND to top it all off...I have been really sick to my stomach the past couple of days. My diet has mostly consisted of saltines and sprite. SO, that was something I didn't need to hear. I almost tossed my cookies right on my student. It didn't help my nausea, that's for sure! Another very VERY bitter moment.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, congrats on doing an excellent job in the RS! I'm sure it will be nice to be released! And I think I want to Vomit over the Deer Liver! Sucks that your tummy hurts....hey maybe your pregenant!

Naomi said...

I have to say that I was never offered deer liver as a gift from a student. Yikes!

And MENrichment? Seriously? Seriously?

The Bentley's said...

way to go prima. your amazing!! i don't think i could make it throgh r.s. pres.... knock on wood.... and i'm totally rooting for security calling at menrichment!!! i love it:)

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I'm intrigued by your bitterness. Bitter because you were being release, or bitter because it had taken them so long to release you...?

I hope you feel better, being sick is the worst!

Jill said...

It's hard to get attached to a calling and then watch someone else take over. Hope your tummy gets better.

Wendy said...

Gross, I can't imagine anything sicker than deer liver!
It will be an adjustment without RS, but you'll do just fine.

Jessica said...

Jennica!

I didn't know you had a blog! I just found it through Kim and Byron's... I love it.

I totally understand how you feel about being released from your calling. I was Activities Chair in my ward for 31 months... and just released last month. I was relieved, but super sad at the same time. I still don't quite know how to act at an activity! I still find myself trying to get my fingers into everything.

Hope you're feeling better!

jess

Tracy said...

Hey nica,

I know exactly how you feel, the whole time you have the calling you wish you would get released and as soon as you do, you feel sad and realize what a great experience the whole thing was. I bet you did such a wonderful job. If you get sad, just think about how many meetings you don't have to attend any more!

Tracy

Kim said...

Those Gilbert Arizona kids sound crazy!!! Who likes any liver of any animal.. barf!

Tamie said...

oh, it realy is a good thing to get released. though sad; i know. i'm sure you've foudn that you dont quite know what to do wtih your time now that you aren't consumed with everything in RS...enjoy it while you can before you get another calling. :)

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Deer liver? I am really going to puke.

What a great experience to Serve your sisters! YOu are a better woman for it I am sure.
Loves,
h