Sunday, December 9, 2007

Knee How Ma?


Maybe it's the extra time on my hands (still no calling--hehe). Maybe it's because I have wanted to since living in Taiwan. Maybe it's to help me get around when I am in China this summer. Maybe it's motivation to get me to China this summer. Maybe it's because I want to serve a mission there someday. But, whatever the reason....I decided to register for a Conversational Chinese class at the local community college for the upcoming semester. Am I crazy?!? Maybe. Especially since I still have never been successful at saying my Chinese name correctly (Chung Mei Ling). The tone thing is super hard!!! Regardless, I am really excited about my class!

Those of you that speak Chinese will have to tutor me.....

8 comments:

Jill said...

That is so funny I totally understood your knee how ma (hello), from when we were little my dad would speak to us in catoneese sometimes. I feel so smart. Even thought I can't spell catoneese.

The Bentley's said...

fun prima!!

Rachel said...

Chung I didn't know you were going to China this summer! SO much fun, isn't jake going thinks summer 2? I think it is way awesome that you are taking thins class it will help you when you watch the re-runs os this season of ANTM! There in China duh!

Wendy said...

good luck nica!!! I would sure need it, I can hardly speak English, I can't imagine trying to learn crazy chinese. But you'll do super!!!

Kim said...

You are way too ambitious I can barely speak english.

Jill said...

I'm so excited for Mexico, can't wait, check out our blog cause I tagged you.

Jeff said...

Flung Poo.....it's the only Chinese I know

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I'm glad Rachel didn't know you were going to China either, whew! I thought I was a horrible friend!!

I am SO impressed, Chung Mei. That is really really awesome. At least you have Carmen as a long distance tutor...