LOTS has happened since my last installment of 'What NOT to do'. I feel pretty bad having such a man hating post up for so long, especially since I am ANYTHING but a MAN hater. For those that don't know.... I have met and am DATING (yeah you read that right) a FABULOUS man. (That's why I haven't been around much. My mind's been in LaLa Land.)
I will refer to him as 'Mister-Perfect-For-Me' (MPFM). We met on a blind date. It was one of those dates that happen like this...
"My sister is single."
"Oh really?! My brother-in-law in single. They would be perfect for each other."
"Let's set them up on a DATE".
Most of the time, those don't really turn out so well. But, I do always give blind dates a chance....hoping that one time it will work out. AND this particular time IT DID WORK OUT. It was the BEST blind date and probably the BEST FIRST date I have ever been on. I have never been a believer in blind dates, but I guess you only need one to work out.
Here's my installment of 'WHAT TO DO' (as learned from MPFM winning my heart):
- Be yourself. There is nothing more attractive to a person of the opposite sex than being YOU. If they don't like YOU, they aren't worth it and then you need to find someone that likes YOU.
- Be interested. Ask Questions. Make good conversation.
- Don't be scared to let someone how you feel about them. I have never had to wonder how MPFM felt about me.
- Be open and honest. (A little coyness at first is OK. I still am a big believer in MYSTERY at the beginning of a relationship).
- Eye contact. Maintain it. Not in a creepy, I-am-staring-at-your-soul kind of way, just in a I-care-about-you sort of way.
- GUYS: ASK GIRLS on DATES. This isn't new, at least you wouldn't think this was a new idea. But, so little guys actually go on dates.
- Be a gentleman. Open doors, lead them into a room with a gentle touch on the lower part of your back (I love that!). You know real "Humphrey Bogart type stuff" (name the movie?! The Proposal).
- Be passionate about something. Whatever it is. Get a HOBBY.
- Make sure they bring out the best in you. Bring out the best in them.
- Be happy. Smile. Have fun.
To Be Continued.......