Sunday, November 18, 2007

Spatula City

I found out some interesting news last week. Ok, it's not really news. It's actually quite disturbing. It's more of a rumor that I believe to be true. Regardless, it makes great blogging material. I hesitate telling you this because you may think worse of me...but hopefully you will find it as FUNNY as I do.

You know how some people consider themselves "springboards" for marriage?

For example: We have Guy A, who dates Girlfriend B. Their relationship ends. Soon after, Girl B starts to date Guy C and they end up getting married. Guy A is alone-again. So, he dates Girl D. Their relationship ends. Girl D starts dating Guy E and they get married. Guy A= Alone. Again. Well this pattern continues on and Guy A now prides himself on this talent to marry off every ex-girlfriend. He is a "springboard for marriage". Rumor gets out and girls begin to date him just because they know that once they breakup the next guy that comes along is going to be the one.

Well, I am sad to say, I am not a springboard. I am a spatula. I date a guy, we break up and the next person he dates is another GUY. I turn (or flip) them to the other side.

It happened once, and that once could happen to anyone. But, now I have started to get a little creeped out. I heard (now here's the rumor part) that another guy that I dated is now out of the closet, living with another guy-- you know GAY. Very gay. Creepy. Very Creepy. Jennica dates guy A. Break up. Guy A dates Guy B. Jennica=alone. Jennica dates Guy C. They break up. Guy C dates (and lives with) Guy D. Jennica = alone. Pattern? I think so.

I don't know if I can see this talent getting me any closer to where I want to be. So, I am not going to advertise it too much. :)

Instead of being sad about this little skill---- I actually like to think of it in a positive light. I break up with these guys and they realize that they will never find a girl as GREAT as me. So they give up looking for a GREAT girl (who can compete with JENNICA?!) and decide second best was to look for a great guy. EWWW. Sick. Find a happy place!


To end- I close with a very happy thought given by our own Michael Scott.

Angela: You know this is a luncheon shower. Girls only.

Michael Scott: No problem. The guys are having a little shindig of their own in the warehouse. From 2:30 to 3:15. That is the only time that Bob was available. Sort of a guys' night out. A 'G-N-O' if you will. A 'gno.' Actually it's more of a guys' afternoon in. A G-A-I. A gay. Not-- not... it's uh, not gay. It's, uh, just uh, it's a bridal shower for guys. A guy shower. An hour long shower with guys.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

You are a funny blogger! Nice touch with the Michael Scott quote!
It's totally true they will never find another girl quite like you so they have to ...you know do what you said be homosexual!

Naomi said...

Spatula, eh? Now that is a new reference that I think I will quickly embrace into my vernacular. And I'm going to spread it (pun intended) with those I know who have noticed the same pattern in their lives.

Love. Michael. Scott.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamie said...

no other girl out there like you jennica....it suck feeling like you're the "springboard" or "spatula"....life will go on, eh?
very funny quote from the office.

The Bentley's said...

I cannot stop laughing. prima that is too funny. and yes creepy. i totally don't think your a spatuala... i hope:) i love you!!

Wendy said...

The pc term is ssa-thank you very much.

Tracy said...

Nica, I love your blog, you are really good at blogging, your posts are very entertaining! Welcome to the blogging world.

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Spatula City...like the best movie ever. Now you can star in a spinn off-
Hey- flipin' 'em before they get married is better than them flippin after.
Just don't marry one that needs to be flipped.

Michael Scott doesn't get invited to showers, camp outs, anything does he? Maybe you can flip him?

Thanks for sharing Flipper!
Heidi

Megan said...

That Office bit was awesome, thanks for that!

Heather said...

bless your heart. Now I want to know who is out of the closet, even if it is rumor. That is good stuff. Sorry about being a spatula, i just dont think its true@

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I'm with heather--who's the guy you flipped??!! And, do both Guy A and Guy C exist--you have this whole other liberal lifestyle that I know nothing about.

And Ditto on the comments regarding your entertaining blogging and how HOT you look in your demolition derby pics.

I love those Bullock girls, hooking you up via their blogging comments!!

Jordan said...

SO funny. I just heard that term on Everybody Loves Raymond. I laughed cause I thought of your blog. I loved the Michael Scott quote. That just made my day!!!

Jordan said...

SO funny. I just heard that term on Everybody Loves Raymond. I laughed cause I thought of your blog. I loved the Michael Scott quote. That just made my day!!!

The Bullocks said...

Shaniqua, I love the spatuala reference. I'm glad your part of the blogging world and I love the michael scott comment. Anyway, don't get too tan in Mexico. I'll be very jealous.

Ryan