Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Drama, Drama


It started on the first day of class. He whistled at me. He sang "You're beautiful. You're beautiful it's true. And I saw your face....." You know the popular song by James Blunt. He also asked "If, I was older, would you go out with me?" I immediately responded "NO!" and that he was "Creepy. That he needed to stop." The harassment stopped.

But, the story gets MUCH better. Yesterday he stayed after class here's the conversation:

[Creepy student] I am emancipated from my parents, you know?

[Miss Castle] Oh really?

[CS] Yeah, it's not becasue I don't get along with them. It's because they can't travel with me.

[MC] Oh? Where are you traveling?

[CS] Oh, well for the Mexican Soap Opera that I am in. Yeah, that's why I have braces. I really don't need them. See? (showing me his straight pearly whites) I don't need these braces at all. It's for the part. I have to gain all of this weight. I have ten more pounds to go. Then I get skinny, they take off the braces and then I am HOT for the show.

[MC] (Speechless)

[CS] Yeah. They paid me 5.2 million dollars for the show.

[MC] Wow (like, obviously, not believing any of this). When is the show on?

[CS] Well, it's not going to air for two more months. But, I go out of town every weekend to Mexico City to shoot it. I come back Monday mornings before school.

Wow. Really?! Huh. Seriously?!

Today he was sent out into the hall for being disrespectful to me. He got a referral and a phone call home. Maybe he needs to work on respect for his teacher instead of going out of "town" to be an actor. Or maybe he should just cut the drama in class. Not going to work with me. I've already have had enough of it and it's only been a week a half.

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Awesome.

Please tell me that he has a mustache, too.

Oh, the days of drama. I don't think I miss them.

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Okay- that is total hilar... I love weird student stories.... and I think this one tops them all.
You are one hot chick Miss Castle.
h

Heather said...

I say wait til he is eighteen and then hit that!

5.2 million is alot of money! Plus, he will be super hot once he is thin and takes off the braces!

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

just your luck nica, a mexican soap opera star !!???!?
Mom not heidi

A Frost said...

Just goes to show that you are destined to marry a Mexican. (or maybe a boy w/ a mexican sounding name) :)

Elder Nathan Askins said...

I LOVE IT! I can't wait to hear more. I might have to come over and visit. I wish I was over your school for my job. Then I would come to your classroom.