Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Fun!




I have been up to lots of F-U-N things. Here is the low down.....




My friend Michael came up to Utah for a few weeks. We have been playing tons. Here are some things that we have done:




1. Hiking (tons of it). We hiked to Horsetail falls in Alpine. We hiked up Little Cottonwood canyon. We went backpacking in Southern-ish Utah (Fishlake area). [That was an experience. Without going into gory details.... I had new hiking boots (feet don't like new boots), we ran into TONS of melting snow, no fuel for our camp stoves, getting lost, mosquitoes, marshland etc. It was an adventure and I loved every minute of it. Well, mostly loved it. Maybe besides being lost for four hours.]




2. We went on a bike ride or two.... and a scooter ride up AF canyon. The scooter maybe went 15 miles an hour. It was awesome. Had a little picnic at Tible Fork. Can I tell you that I LOVE the weather here?! It's the best. You can actually go outside in the summer and play.




3. Movies. Hulk was pretty good (we got to see it with two of my BFFs in the world). Get Smart was Ok. I liked Hulk better, I think. Although, Get Smart was entertaining....I felt like they put all of the funny parts in the trailers.




4. I bought a sweet new bike from REI.com. (I have come to really love REI. We went there like 10 times in the past few weeks. Apparently, we couldn't get enough of it's goodness) Check out this baby. She will be coming July 2nd to the REI nearest me.




5. Flight of the Concords. Juno. Funny. Funny.




6. Pleasant Grove Rodeo-awesome! Strawberries and Cream- yum!




I have had an awesome two weeks. Although, I already miss having a constant playmate around.




Tomorrow I am off to Colorado. It's really tough being a teacher at the moment. ;)


14 comments:

Heather said...

jennica, what a fun fabulous adventerous life you live! I live here and haven't been on adventures like that in ages! Fun new bike!

Megan said...

Super duper fun! I am with Heather, lack of adventure here. Love Flight of the Conchords, too funny...

The Bentley's said...

fun prima!!! fun to talk to you last night:)
lovies
prima

The Lemon Family said...

colorado...i am so jealous i wish i could be there with you :) come home in time to play with me before school starts

Amy said...

Can I have some of your energy??? Love your new bike! Way fun!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

Your life is AWESOME!! WHY am I not a teacher again? I'm so glad you're having so much fun - and you're so outdoorsy, I'm jealous and impressed. Utah definitely has some benefits in that department!

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

You and Eric are definitely related! What fun you are having! Great pics!!
L, h

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

PS What about the bike just got (a year or so ago)? Did something happen to it?

The new one looks fab!

Rachel said...

So much stinking fun~ We kinda missed you these last couple weeks while you were out paradeing around town!

Jill said...

Yea! We can't wait to see the bike, she looks so cute!!!

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

So, Seattle now? FUN. YOu always have something fun up and coming. Can't wait to see pics of that!
h

Tamie said...

yeah COLORADO...any time for us ;p...(honestly, just kidding) looks like you had so much furn in utah...sigh...if only i got a summer break to do all those great things with..maybe we should all become teachers so that we can have killer summer vacations.

CeeJ said...

Sounds like fun!!! :D

Hope you don't mind that I'm crashing your blog! I need to stay up-to-date on the amazing life of Jennica!! (Or my life would be incomplete!) :D

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Waiting for an update...waiting for you sweet heart.

ERic is obsessed with flight of the concords lately. He has Elias walking around the house saying "I'm the Boom king".

Hope all is well with you!
h