Sunday, June 8, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood




Saturday was the BIG day! It was full of firsts! Here are some firsts (as well as other funny things that happened).....


- It was freezing COLD. When we started the ride it was 44 degrees. It heated up to 59 as the high for the day! Brrrr....

- 5 miles into the ride we were hit with rain that turned into HAIL! Ouch!

- 7 miles into the ride my bike broke. It took 5 different SAG wagons (and other people to help) to find the right tool to fix my bike. That took about 45 minutes. Not a good start (not to mention that we started 30 min. late). Luckily, they were able to fix it!

- Unfortunately, we missed the 100 mile cut off (we needed to be to a certain city by 11:00 in order to go on the 100 mile route) by about 10 minutes. So we ended up riding 80 miles. But, that's OK because we had a head wind about 70% of the time.

- The ride was beautiful! Cache Valley is so pretty.

- We had a great time! I can't wait to do another ride (just as soon as my rear end can stand to SIT on a bike seat)....


9 comments:

The Bentley's said...

yeahprima!!! i was just talking to my moma and she said definatly something i must put on my "list" she said it was soooo much fun! way to go! and bumer about your bike pooping out!

Daddy Man said...

wowzers! I am impressed! you are a pro...okay 80 miles sounds like loads!!! I would be glad I didnt make the cut off!

Naomi said...

Yea! Congrats on the milestone!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

You are AWESOME!! I can't believe you are such a hard-core biker, I idolize you. I have never ridden my bike enough to break it, I'm very impressed. Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

The Lemon Family said...

YEAH!!!! I am so glad you got to do it!!! However not so excited about the weather we were nice and toasty in the 90's...although i do admit to missing 40 and 50 degree weather

Megan said...

WOW!! I am VERY impressed, but not very jealous :) Good work!!!

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

You rock! Very cute pictures!

Jill said...

Oh, I hope I can do it next year with you guys!! Looks like so much fun.

A Frost said...

That is so awesome. I am so proud of you :)